Support to the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for Enforcing State Aid Rules
The Project started on September 1, 2017 and was registered by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine on October 23, 2017 under № 3689. On July 30, 2020, the SCMU registered the extension of the Project without attracting additional funds until December 31, 2020 under №3689-01. On December 24, 2020, the SCMU registered the next extension of the Project until December 20, 2022 (registration card №3689-02).
The Project is implemented by international consortium led by WYG Consulting Ltd (Croatia) in partnership with Deloitte & Touche LLC (Ukraine), NGO Center for Effective Legislation (Ukraine), COMPER Fornalczyk I WS sp.j (Poland) and Crown Agents (United Kingdom).
The Project office is located in the premises of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (room 701).
Beneficiary of the Project is the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU), which performs functions of State aid control body in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On State Aid to Undertakings” (LSA). The Project also interacts with grantors, both at the central and local levels, as well as with the media, NGOs, legal entities and undertakings.
Aim of the Project
Support of institutionalization and development of an effective State aid control and monitoring system in Ukraine in accordance with requirements of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU.
Goals of the Project
- Modernize State aid control and monitoring system, including through legislative, operational and organizational improvements
- Assist in implementation of State aid rules in line with EU standards
Expected results of the Project in general
- Modernized legislative, regulatory, procedural and infrastructural bases of State aid control system of Ukraine
- Strengthening AMCU’s administrative capacity to implement and enforce Law on State aid
- AMCU performs its duties promptly and functionally in accordance with current legislation
- Full transparency of State aid
Component 1: Support for institutionalization of effective State aid control system in Ukraine
- Methodology and analysis of existing State aid control system, which will also include section with recommendations
- Implementation plan for modernization of control system and State aid granting, which was discussed and agreed with AMCU
- Stage of implementation of Plan for modernization of the State aid control system both in organization exercising control of State aid and in the organizations granting it
- Specification and technical requirements of integrated IT environment for State aid control system in Ukraine, for use in State aid control organization and in granting organizations
- Detailed report with technical Annexes on the results of implementation phase
Component 2: Supporting work of AMCU on specific State aid cases assessment
- Study of general scope, content and basic principles of secondary legislation required for implementation of the Law on State Aid
- Development or modification of rules on State aid granting
- Application of main relevant EU legislation on State aid
- Quarter or annual work plans on case support
- Annual reports containing details of the cases considered, indicating experience gained and recommendations for updating State aid control system
Component 3: Strengthening the institutional capacity of the state aid control body and aid providers
- Analysis and recommendations for institutional capacity development
- Training program and materials for trainings, study trips, internships
- Organization of English language courses
- Development and organization of knowledge management system
Component 4: State Aid Advocacy and Project Promotion
- Communication strategy and advocacy of state aid (Communication plan)
- Opening Conference, Annual State Aid Conference, Final Project Conference.
- Project website, branded materials