- Graduated from the National University of Ostroh Academy (2000) and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (2001). Specialty – Law. Bachelor and Master of Law.
- PhD in Law.
- Commercial director at Zubr JSC and Legal adviser at DMD Law Firm CJSC (August 2000 - October 2001).
- Senior Consultant, later Chief Consultant of the Main State Legal Service at the Administration of the President of Ukraine (after the reorganization - the Secretariat of the President of Ukraine) (2001 – 2007).
- Head of the Legal Department at the Apogey Industrial Group LLC (June 2007 - May 2008).
- Deputy Director of Legal Affairs at Avis LLC (June 2008 - January 2009).
- State Commissioner of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (February 2009 - February 2012). He was appointed for the second time to the position of State Commissioner of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine in February 2012.
- Was a post-doctoral fellow in the V. M. Koretsky Institute of State and Law of National Academy of Science of Ukraine (July 2015 - October 2020). Since 2016 was an Advisor at international law firm (2016 – 2020).
- Lawyer in a law firm (2020 – 2021).
- Headed the public organization “Competition Research Center”, which represents International Organization of the International League of Competition Law (LIDC) in Ukraine (from 2021).
- State Commissioner of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (from February 8th, 2022).
- During legal practice, Mr. Shershun several times has been awarded by the international ranking agencies Legal500 and BestLawyers, as a leading expert in the sphere of competition law.
- In 2013 Mr. Shershun was awarded with the Diploma of the Parliament of Ukraine.